Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SRW.USER_EXIT('FND SRWINIT') in the Before-Report trigger

Problem:
I am using a Global temporary table in one of my Oracle reports which is being populated in After-Param-Form trigger. But the problem I am facing is if I use the SRW.USER_EXIT('FND SRWINIT') in the Before-Report trigger, the records in Global temporary table gets deleted and the data can't be used in the report query.

Solution:
Two ideas:
- Move the population of the GT table to after the call to SRWINIT
or
- change the GT table to be ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS - I expect that SRWINIT is doing a commit/rollback which would remove your data if the GT table is set to ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS (the default).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Command to do active duplicate for Oracle Database

1. First login to target server 2. Validate tns connectivity between Source DB and Target DB 3. Prepare and validate space availability 4. S...